Call for Art: Members' Show 2019
Tags: Gallery News
The Members' Show focuses on the importance of local and regional artists that live and create work within 100 miles of Albany. The Members' Show will be held from Friday, December 6th, 2019 to Friday, January 10th, 2020. The Opening Reception will be held on Friday, December 6th, from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. We will be awarding “Best in Show,” a cash prize of $250, along with other prizes and awards.
ACG’s Members' Show highlights and recognizes a wide range of talented members, bringing together a dynamic cross-section of artists, diverse in medium and degree of establishment. Members range from student and emerging artists to established and international artists, from painters and photographers to sculptors and mixed media artists. ACG sees this show as an opportunity for exposure, promotion, and appreciation of all who have invested their time and energy in making our gallery what it is today.
We invite you to be part of our Members’ Show! Please follow the submission guidelines listed below. Submit Here!
- You must have an active ACG membership. Not a member or need to renew? Visit www.albanycentergallery.org/membership or contact Karina Wojnar at Kwojnar@albanycentergallery.org to join.
- Submit one ready-to-hang work of art - all 2-dimensional drawings and works on paper must be framed and ready to hang with a wire or sawtooth hanger at the time of drop-off.
- Any medium accepted (2D, 3D or digital). All media is eligible for entry, excluding work previously shown at Albany Center Gallery.
- Size limitation: 25” x 25 " x 25" (including mat and frame) (Sculpture artists, please contact the gallery if you have concerns with sizing)
- All works must be labeled on the back with the artist’s name, title, email address and phone number.
- Save all files as Lastname_Firstname_Title_Dimensions. If the submission file of artwork isn't saved as requested, the work will not be considered.
- Any work that does not meet these guidelines will not be accepted. The Gallery retains the right to refuse work that is deemed unsuitable (i.e., hanging devices, content, size, etc).
- To make sure you have read this information, we will ask for a "secret phrase" in the form. The phrase is "Colors bloom every now and then."
- Artwork Drop-off: Artwork must be delivered to ACG on Saturday, November 9, or Tuesday, November 12 between noon and 3 p.m.. Artist should submit artwork information online via Submittable by Friday, November 8, at 11:59 p.m.. All mailed artwork must arrive by November 12.
- Artwork Pick-up: Artwork must be picked up on Saturday, January 11 and Tuesday, January 14 between noon and 3 p.m.. Artwork left longer than 30 days after the closing of the show will become the property of the Albany Center Gallery.
If you have questions or concerns, please contact Jules Kotarski at email@example.com or call us at (518) 462-4775.