As part of Albany’s Black Arts and Cultural Festival, Albany Center Gallery will showcase the work of local and regional artists from within a 100-mile radius on Saturday, August 5 from 2 p.m. to 7 p.m..
ACG will highlight visual art inspired by and celebrating black heritage and culture. From global to national to local, African American arts are a source of great influence. ACG will be presenting unique works of art during the festival. From painting, drawing, photography and sculpture to dance and performance art, submissions of work inspired by black arts and culture can be submitted for consideration to ACG’s open Call for Art.
Submission deadline is Monday, July 24 at 11:59 p.m. To submit your work, please visit Submittable.com.
- All mediums are welcome (painting, photography, sculpture, etc.)
- Artwork should be inspired by black culture.
- Submit up to three image samples of your work.
- Images must be saved as .jpeg or .pdf, 72 dpi, color.
- Save images as “Lastname_Firstname_Title.” If the submission file of artwork isn’t saved as requested, the work will not be considered.
- Maximum artwork size is 36” x 36” due to space constraints.
- Include an exhibition list with title, medium, size, and retail price for each work.
- Back of work must be labelled with artist’s name, contact info and title of work.
- Submission deadline: Monday, July 24 @ 11:59 PM.
- Submission is FREE.
- If your work is selected there is a $10 fee for ACG members and $15 for non-members. This is per person, not per piece.
- All submissions must be sent through Submittable.com. You will need to create a log-in account with Submittable in order to submit.
- No email submissions will be accepted.
- ACG will add 25% commission to non-member artwork.
Artwork Drop-Off/Pick-Up Information:
Drop-off date is Saturday, August 5 at 11 AM at the ACG booth.
Drop-off location is at Empire State Plaza (exact location to be determined.) Please arrive at the drop-off location between 11:00 and 11:30 a.m. Label the back of each piece with your contact information and title of artwork before arrival. All artwork must be wired and ready to hang. If it is not able to hang safely, ACG will not install the piece. Please note that there is wind and we will not take any chances. The Gallery is unable to store or mail artwork back.
Plan to pick up your work between 7 PM and 8 PM on August 5. If this time does not work for you, please confirm alternate arrangements to pick up your work at the time of drop off.
Please Note: If work is left behind, there will be a $5/day fee for transportation and storage. ACG is not responsible for any damage; event is rain or shine.
Please contact Anna Wettergreen at 518-462-4775 or email email@example.com with any questions regarding the application process.