ACG and Lamar Publications present Anti-bullying Ad Campaign Contest
Students in grades 6-12 are invited to create a design for a public service billboard incorporating an anti-bullying theme.
Selected work will be seen on a Lamar digital billboard around the capital district. (exact date TBD)
Process: Interested students should design a billboard with an anti- bullying message. Using the provided template for scale, consider the elements of graphic design (legibility, emphasis, balance, contrast, creative use of line & text, focal point, punch-outs, boarder designs, etc. Remember that the view-time is @ 8 sec. for a passing motorist so the principle of “dynamic simplicity” may be the most important.
* (Lamar Publications has a power-point available on advertising design).
Contact Sean Stewart at email@example.com if interested.
- Designs can be created in hardcopy or as a digital image.
- Label each entry with student name/ school/ grade. One entry per/student.
- Send digital entry to : firstname.lastname@example.org ( 72 dpi @ 2000 pixels long dimension)
- Send hard copy work to: 99 Retreat House rd. Glenmont. Or drop off at Albany Center Gallery, 488 Broadway, during regular hours; Noon-5:00 p.m.
- Winning entry receives $100 gift card, (2) runner-ups receive $75.00 gift card. All winning entries will be on display on Lamar billboard.
Schedule: Please submit work by Nov. 1 2017
Notification of winning entries: week of Jan. 1st 2018.